Wednesday, October 15, 2008

And Baby Makes 5!


This may not come as a big surprise to many of you, but it's time to officially spill the beans! We are adding one more to our brood sometime around May 10, 2009. Jon and I went to my first prenatal appointment yesterday and were able to hear the heartbeat and even catch a quick glimpse of the baby via ultrasound (picture above), which was neat since I've never seen any of my babies at that early in the pregnancy.

We told the kids last night, and got a pretty funny reaction from Jacey that we should have recorded on video. When we told her that she was going to get a new brother or sister, she said,"Oh no! You're going to have a baby?!?", and then proceeded to bawl. We probably didn't pick the most opportune time to tell her because she was already upset about something else, but I didn't expect that reaction! She didn't really tell us why the news upset her at first, she just said that she didn't expect it. When we showed her the picture of the baby and explained things a little more to her, she got more and more excited and now seems excited at the prospect of having another sibling. Brooklyn is still oblivious to what is going on, although she did come with me to have my blood drawn yesterday and told the nurse "Thank you for fixing my mom!" Pretty cute.

On a side note to all family members who are groaning at the prospect of another baby born so close to June, all I can say is that we tried our best to avoid it! I actually miscarried back in July when I was about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant; that baby would have been born in March. It was a good testimony builder for me to trust in the Lord and know that my timetable isn't always his. We are grateful to have another chance for a hopefully healthy, happy baby, which, based on past results, will likely be another girl!

11 comments:

Hooper Family said...

Maybe you could give Noah a little boy cousin. He would love that! Either way, we are excited for a new cousin and niece or nephew - congrats!

C said...

Congrats you guys! That's so exciting! You should have seen Todd when I was reading your blog at work...he thought I screamed because of a spider HAHA!

Merilee said...

Congrats! We are excited for you guys! The kids reaction was adorable! Let us know if you need anything!

Amy said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys! How are you feeling?

Tres said...

EEEEEEEEEPPPPPAAAAAAAAAA. Let's hope it's a boy.

Scrapbookallie said...

Great Nicole and Jon. I can't wait to meet your next "girl".

Allison

The Mitchell Family said...

Can we hurry and decide what sex my 6th little darling is going to be? I need to get started on a quilt!

Debbie said...

Awesome Nicole, I had a feeling when I was there and was asking about you having another. Thanks again for letting us stay with you. We had a great time hanging out.

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Nicole congrats!! I just read it on your BLOG, Number 5 thats SO exciting!!

Jeff said...

Thanks for stopping by to see us. We are excited for the baby.

Esplin 5 said...

Nicole!! I thought maybe you guys moved. I'm so happy you have a blog, now we can keep in touch. Congats on the baby boy! Merry Christmas. Look us up, andesplin.blogspot.com