Monday, April 12, 2010

Christmas 2009

For Christmas we decided to keep with the theme of "Please come to us, because we can't come to you!" and my mom, dad and brother Michael came to spend the holidays with us. I have to work Saturdays at the bank and since Christmas fell on a Friday last year, I knew I would never be able to get anyone to work for me that weekend. We had a great time with my family and it was an especially fun year with the kids now that both the girls are old enough to anticipate Santa coming. Speaking of Santa, he spoiled us again this year and brought the family a Wii (because nothing spells good times like W-i-i) and he also brought me an awesome new camera so that I could finally take some good pictures of my kids! Santa also brought the girls new sleds (which we have made good use of this winter), games for their DS and Leapster, and many other assorted goodies. Landon was also a good boy and got some fun new toys, including his most favorite toy ever--the Playschool Ball Popper! Jon surprised me with what will surely be my most favorite gift ever--a day of pampering at an awesome spa! I have not been able to use it yet, but I am eagerly anticipating the day when I can leave all my troubles behind! Anyone want to join me?

Have you ever seen a cuter Santa Baby?

The girls had fun making Christmas Cookies with Grandpa

Jacey meticulously frosted her cookies. . .

while Brooklyn went about it with her usual, carefree attitude.
(don't worry, we said a blessing over these cookies!)

The kids all got brand new Christmas pj's!

The stash of gifts under the tree. . .

and the stash of gifts that Santa left behind.

The kiddos all lined up on Christmas morning!

The looks on their faces is the best part of Christmas!

The whole fam-damily! But where is Landon you ask?

Hiding by the couch, playing with his Christmas loot!

I didn't get many pictures of Grandma, Grandpa and Michael,
but here they are, looking uh, bored?

The awesome quilt that my mom made Landon, a la "The Very Hungry Caterpillar"

The aftermath of Christmas

These three kids are definitely looking forward to next Christmas!
(Don't worry, it's only 8 months away now!)

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a cute family - looks like Christmas was a blast! We miss you guys so much and can't wait to see you soon!!

Hooper Family said...

This is the first time I've seen the quilt. It turned out so cute!

Scrapbookallie said...

Love the quilt....they are sooooo hard to make...i think