Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy First Birthday Landon!

From this:
To this!
I can't believe that my baby is 1! Where has the last year gone? We had fun celebrating Landon's birthday on May 7. My brother Michael was kind enough to drive all the way up from So. California for the occasion since we have no family close by. I tried (note the word tried) to make a special "1" cake for Landon, and we had a fairly low key, little family party to celebrate after Jon got home from work. Landon got lots of fun presents and "boy toys", but I am not sure whether he or his sisters had more fun opening and playing with them? We love this little guy more than words can express and are so glad that Heavenly Father saw fit to send him to our family. He is so fun and full of life. I love to see the world through his eyes. Happy Birthday Buddy Boy!

My pathetic excuse for a cake. Don't look too close at it!

This little cake took about 1/20th of the time to make as the one above but looked way cuter

The loot

Trying to rip off the paper!

"Hmm, where do I start?"

One of his favorite presents, the blue buggy!

Helpful sisters keeping his little hands away from the burning candle!

Testing the waters. . .

"Am I dreaming? Because this is too good to be true!"

3 comments:

Hooper Family said...

I think the cake looks great! Landon is such a big boy - looks like he had a great birthday.

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

OMG where does the time go I can't believe he's ALREADY one! He's so dang cute looks like fun and your cake is awesome way to go I guess I know who to call when our little man is ONE ;)

C said...

Wow....he's one already!?? Okay seriously time flies....so sad! But Landon is growing up to be such a cutie! Gee I'm still can't believe it.....I still remember seeing his newborn self. LOL. I miss seeing you around! Ill have to stop by one Saturday