Friday, November 6, 2009

Soccer Girls!

This fall my girls decided to forgo taking dance classes in favor of trying their hand on the soccer field. Although both did great with dance, I thought that it would be fun to try something new. I figured that something athletic like soccer would be right up Brooklyn's alley, but I wasn't so sure that Jacey would take to it. I was extremely surprised when Jacey not only liked playing, but was actually one of the stand-out players on her team! She played goalie and forward and scored quite a few times. Brooklyn was also a very good player and kicked a lot of goals too. The girls both said they don't care if they dance anymore, but want to know when they can play soccer again! I am looking at signing them up for the spring city league so they can continue to hone in on their new-found talents. I love that I have finally brought out the tomboy in them both!




3 comments:

Hooper Family said...

They look like they are having a great time playing. I wish they could get together with Noah and rub some of that enthusiasm off on him!

Scrapbookallie said...

Yeah sports for the girls. Just don't let anyone pull her ponytail! LOL. They look great!

soccerfamily said...

It sounds and looks like they are having fun! I wish I could convince Megan to choose one thing. She LOVES both dance and soccer and doesn't want to give either one up. She started dance when she was 3 and soccer at 4... and she does really well at both, so it's hard to make her decide right now. It's all worth the craziness when your kids find something they enjoy doing (and keeps them busy and out of trouble)!