Friday, February 27, 2009

Awful Clips

After working on Jacey for a couple of months I finally convinced her to get a haircut a few weeks ago. I loved her long, gorgeous, thick hair, but her hair was getting too long and starting to cover up her cute little face. I left the final decision up to her, and one day she told me that she was ready to get her haircut. Given the lack of quality beauty salons in town, I made the unfortunate decision to take her to Great Clips for her haircut. We had gone there before for a trim, but this time we were taking off 3-4 inches. What proceeded was possibly the worst haircut I have ever seen done in my life. I don't know where the lady who cut her hair went to school, but she literally wet down her hair and cut her hair from one side to the other, not taking into account that Jacey's hair was too thick to cut in one fell swoop across with the scissors. I noticed that it didn't quite look even before we left, but I honestly didn't have confidence that the lady would even know how to even it out so I begrudingly paid my money and left. When we got home, I did my best to fix it, and even though I am no beautician her hair is at least even now and she looks cute. I should have saved my $10!

The "after" picture:
(you can see how long her hair was before in prior posts)

2 comments:

Hooper Family said...

Her hair looks cute! I wish I could have seen the "bad" haircut.

Christina said...

I too have had bad luck at Great Clips. I don't think I will ever go to one again.
Her hair looks really cute. She is looking so big. I still remember when she was a baby. Speaking of babies congrats on getting ready to have a boy. I am sure Jon is excited. I wish you the best:) Take care.