Monday, April 6, 2009

We survived!

Jon had the opportunity to go to Europe a couple of weeks ago as part of a "knowledge trek" with kids and fellow co-workers from the school he works at. He did a similar trip a couple of years ago with the school, only this time they added Germany onto the end of their trip (where he served his mission). Although I knew it was a great opportunity for him (all expenses paid!), I was dreading the trip because he was going to be gone for 12 days. Not only did I know that I would miss him, but the idea of being on my own at 8 months pregnant with two other kids to take care of for that long made me a little nervous!

Thankfully, my brother Michael saved the day by volunteering to come up from California to help me out while Jon was gone. He stayed here for a good portion of Jon's time away and was AWESOME with the kids! They wore him out with puzzles, games, hide and seek, etc. which gave me a chance to get a break from time to time to cook, clean and do some work. I even tackled painting to kids bathroom while he was here, something I have been wanting to do for a long time. Michael, thanks for making the trip and helping me out. The kids love their Uncle Michael!

Jon made it back safe and sound (albeit very worn out) late last Monday and had a great time, of course! He got some great pictures that I will post soon. On a side note, he was very sweet to make up for missing our anniversary (March 28) by arranging beforehand to have flowers sent to me at work that morning. I wish I could have taken a picture of them because they were so pretty, but unfortunately Jon had the camera in Europe!

2 comments:

Hooper Family said...

Thank goodness for Uncle Michael!

The Mitchell Family said...

That's what I say -- every day.