Monday, April 27, 2009

Finally getting around to Easter. . .

Easter this year was fun but very busy. We got home late Friday night from our Vegas trip with Easter weekend to tackle. Unfortunately we left the house so fast to go on our trip that I didn't even get a chance to clean or pick up beforehand, and then of course we dumped all of our bags in the living room when we got back. I spent Saturday morning working at the bank, went grocery shopping in the afternoon, and then cleaned up the house Saturday night. I was ready to get the kids to bed that night when Jacey reminded me that we hadn't yet dyed our Easter eggs--why oh why did I have to buy that darn Easter egg dye? After finally getting the kids settled down I was so exhausted that I almost forgot to put out our Easter baskets for the Easter bunny to come fill and hide. That would have been a really bad "Mom Moment" to have the kids wake up on Easter and not have any baskets to find!

Of course Jacey was up at the crack of dawn on Easter morning ready to find her basket. The rest of us couldn't pull ourselves out of bed so early so off she went to find it on her own--and she ended up finding all of our baskets for us! The kids loved their candy, mini cereal boxes, and other surprises that they found in their baskets. After church we had some friends and their kids over for Easter dinner and an egg hunt. Then Sunday night it was back to cleaning up the house all over again! All in all, it was a really fun weekend but it wiped me out! Could it be because I am also 9 months pregnant?

No comments: