Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

It was fun to be able to spend the 4th this year with family. Since all of my family were staying at different places and we had no common place to be all together, Stef and Mike came up with the idea to go to Park City for the day. We had a great time there doing a little shopping at the outlets, having lunch together, and then heading over to Park City Mountain Resort to ride the new Alpine Coaster and the older, more classic Alpine Slide. Jon had gone on the Alpine Slide a long time ago, but it was the first time the kids and I have ever done the Slide, and the first time any of us have ever done the Coaster. We had a blast! Brooklyn was so sad when the rides were all over and threw a fit when I told her that we couldn't ride again for awhile (we blew $70 in a few short minutes for us all to ride the the slide and coaster--not cheap!) We did promise to take the kids back again someday though. After we were done in Park City, we headed back to Stefani's in-laws house, where they graciously hosted the whole Mitchell clan for dinner, and then we headed over to Sugarhouse Park to watch the fireworks. It was a great day, and the baby did amazingly well being toted around all day away from home!

Ascending the mountain on the Alpine Coaster
The Alpine Slide
Riding the chairlift up the mountain!Brooklyn and I raced against. . .
Jacey and Jon! (Gee, I wonder who won?)

Brookie and Megan eagerly anticipating the fireworks!
Cute cousins!
Time to call it a night! California Grandma's getting a little tipsy!

6 comments:

Richins Family said...

I am glad you had a great time. I should take my kids up there! The 4th is fun when you are with family!

Hooper Family said...

Great picture and comment about Mom. I wish we could rewind and do it all again!

The Mitchell Family said...

Urrrrp! Oops, excuse me.

Maybe we should have the opportunity to censor unflattering pictures.

Jeff said...

Hahaha... I really don't think it's unflattering Mom, just hilarious.

larsen family said...

I thought the same thing as Jeff, but I will give you the opportunity to censor Mom if you really want me to take it off.

C said...

Looks like FUN! Those slides in Park City are awesome! Landon is huge!! (Ok, well a lot bigger since the last time I saw him!) P.S. your sister Steph?...you guys look ALIKE!! I'll be seeing you soon!