Friday, July 10, 2009

Learning to Smile

Landon's First Smiles--5 weeks old

When Landon was about 5 weeks old I started to play that parent game of "Is this normal?" I couldn't remember when babies were supposed to make start making eye contact and smiling, but he wasn't yet and so I started to research the internet to make sure that nothing was wrong. I felt reassured when I read that it was usually around 2-3 months that babies started to do this. Landon must have felt my anxiety because lo and behold, just a couple of days later he began to finally look at us and even started to smile, well ahead of schedule. Now he is an old pro and has a ready smile first thing in the morning and after eating a satisfying meal. He has even started to "track" our movements, and is always on the lookout for Brooklyn so that he can prepare himself for her pounces!

2 comments:

Hooper Family said...

I think Landon misses Aunt Steffy and needs me love him again.

The Mitchell Family said...

He needs love'ns from his CaliGma more.