Friday, July 10, 2009

Playing Catch-up/Visits with Grandparents!

Wow, I have been such a slacker at this blog thing lately. So much has happened in the past couple of months that I would like to post about, yet I struggle to even get the more basic things accomplished in life right now (like getting in a shower!). Taking care of the new baby and trying to entertain two girls who are perpetually bored is time consuming!

Working backwards a little, we were lucky to have my mom and brother Michael come out to visit at the end of May. The kids always enjoy seeing their "California Grandma" and playing with Uncle Michael, who is an uber-good sport and indulges them by playing the same games over and over and OVER again! They stayed for about 5 days and we had a lot of fun with them:

"California Grandma" and Landon
Landon with Uncle Michael
Saying goodbye!

About two weeks later Jon's mom was able to visit for a couple of days along with Jon's brother Loran and his wife Merilee. Their trip was short but sweet and the kids enjoyed seeing their "Red Grandma" as well.

"Red Grandma", the ultimate multi-tasker

This is really working backwards, but my parents and Michael also came to visit us a couple of weeks before Landon was born (they were passing through on their way back from my brother Jeff's college graduation). I love this picture of my parents with Brooklyn:

Even though we live further away from our family than we like, I'm glad that we still live close enough to see them from time to time. I am especially glad that my kids have been able to develop close relationships with their grandparents and extended family. They love each of you so much!

No comments: